American Rescue Plan Task Force
American Rescue Plan Act
City of Bristol, Connecticut
Guiding Principles & Priorities
Approved December 13, 2021
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021 presents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the City of Bristol to meet pandemic response need and rebuild a stronger and more equitable community. ARPA is the sixth federal COVID-19 relief bill passed in the last year and is by far the largest infusion of resources to the State of Connecticut. It is estimated that more than $6 billion will come to the state through multiple ARPA grant programs. The City of Bristol will receive approximately $28 million in ARPA funding over the next five years. A 15-member ARPA Task Force, comprised of appointed members from the community, has been formed to help determine how these funds will be distributed to benefit the Bristol community. The Task Force has selected UHY Advisors as the consultant to assist with eligibility review, reporting, and project monitoring process. Three subcommittees were formed to focus on the following priority areas: Nonprofit, Business Recovery and City Use.
The following Guiding Principles will provide the framework for the most effective deployment of these resources:
• We acknowledge that ARPA funds are one-time monies.
• We will seek opportunities to make lasting change in physical and social infrastructure.
• Priority consideration will be given to projects and activities that promote fiscal and environmental sustainability.
• To the extent possible, we will leverage outside funding and avoid duplication with other relief programs.
• We will limit operational investments without identified sustainable funding sources.
• We will fund projects and activities to achieve long-lasting benefits and results.
• We will address the impact of the pandemic on disproportionately impacted low-income families, communities of color and those socially vulnerable through investment in qualified census tract neighborhoods.
• We will demonstrate compliance and transparency through regular reporting to the public.
Task Force Members
The Task FORCE MEETS THE 2nd MONDAY OF THE MONTH
CITY HALL WEST MEETING ROOM 1 4:00 PM - AGENDAS
|Bombard, Cindy||Central CT Chamber|
|Dumas, Mike||Board of Public Works|
|Goldwasser, Mickey||Economic & Community Development|
|Heiser, Glenn||10 Year Capital & Strategic Planning Committee|
|Maikowski, David||Board of Finance|
|O'Brien Tom||Board of Education|
|Sadecki, Susan||Main Street Community Foundation|
|Schmelder, Howard||Economic & Community Development|
|Smith, John||Board of Finance|