It is the mission of the Bristol Parks, Recreation, Youth and Community Services Department to deliver high-quality services and facilities that enhance the community's quality of life, meet the diverse needs of all citizens, and build a sustainable future.
The Bristol Parks, Recreation, Youth and Community Services Department is an essential department impacting the lives of all Bristol residents by shaping positive public perceptions, fostering cultural unity, creating responsible and healthy citizens, and inspiring advocacy.
- Commitment to Service: Utilize a responsive, customer-centric, resident-driven professional approach to all areas of service delivery which includes transparency, strong communication and public outreach.
- Commitment to Partnership: Develop strong internal and external partners and sponsors to ensure the changing recreation, leisure, and community service needs of a diverse community are being met.
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Social Equity: Ensure every resident feels welcome and has access to high-quality parks and services; regardless of age, ability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and socio-economic status.
- Commitment to Stewardship and Conservation: Manage city parks and open space to preserve natural resources and park assets for future generations.
- Commitment to Fiscal Stewardship: Engage in strong financial leadership across every level of the organization to ensure all areas of service are administered in a fiscally responsible way.
- Commitment to Innovation: Commit to being at the forefront of solution-based problem solving and creativity to address current and future challenges facing the City of Bristol.
Social Equity, Inclusion, and ADA Statement
The City of Bristol Parks and Recreation Department believes that equitable access to high quality recreation and parks services is a right, not just a privilege. The department provides scholarships to qualifying families and inclusion services that allow persons with and without disabilities to recreate together in environments that are safe, fun and respectful. The City of Bristol will comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.